Resources for The Sound and the Fury
Direct link to the novel's DY homepage . . . The 2 articles here were originally published in the Teaching Faulkner newsletter. Ren Denton's worksheet was created for "Faulkner and Innovative Teaching," an article that also first appeared in Teaching Faulkner. The student projects were created by undergraduates in a Faulkner class at the University of Virginia; for more on student work, see Student Work homepage.
- Stephen Railton, "Space and Time in The Sound and the Fury"
- Jenna Sciuto, "Digital Yoknapatawpha and the Pedagogical Pitfalls of Faulkner's The Sound and the Fury"
- Aili Pettersson Peeker, "Seeing Memory: Using Digital Yoknapatawpha to Teach Cognitive Literary Studies"
- Ren Denton, "Understanding Faulkner's South"
- Ankita Satpathy, "Location and Loss in The Sound and the Fury"
- Katherine Viti, "An Exploration of Quentin Compson's Arc through Faulkner's Imagination"
- Ian Greene, "Using Digital Yoknapatawpha"
- Abigail Sawyer, "Using Digital Yoknapatawpha"